My Top Ten Values For Life – Part One
November 8, 2015 by admin
Wow! Bootsn’All’s (http://www.bootsnall.com/indie2015-questions) Indie Challenge really has me thinking, with it’s daily question sent out through November to independent travelers, worldwide. November 7th’s assignment was a real mouthful:
“Write Your Top Ten Values For Life and For Travel and Create Your Own Manifesto!”
Whoosh! As usual, when hearing a question for the first time, I wonder what in the world my answer will be? Since I’m always thinking about Life and Philosophy, you’d suppose I’d have an immediate answer. But, this took thought! Here are my first five:
- Spirituality – Everything about life rests upon one’s spiritual self and its nurture and growth during a life on Earth. I’m speaking about intrinsic soul awareness and wakefulness and nothing about time and money spent in surface effects or behaviors of religiosity. Not words, not forms, but a constant lovingness toward The Creator, which is often quiet, inner, gentle and happy.
- Communication With The Upper Realm – Speaking and Listening – Spirituality recognizes the intimate connection with conscious Beings on the Other Side. Many people call this prayer and practice varying forms and personal habits while speaking to God, expressing their love, asking for help and thanking The Creator for their existence and good fortune. All ways are valid and nourishing, though they may differ radically.
- Communication With The Upper Realm – Hearing and Answering – Even those who practice #2 “religiously,” rarely practice #3. We are not taught to expect a literal, verbal answer to prayer. Therefore, if something resembling that occurs, we run away and deny it, under the full instruction of formal religions to do so. My own denial lasted fifteen years until The Voice returned and I became convinced of its validity. Now, my two-way conversation can, and does, occur frequently. So, this is a Life Value that I believe the Human Race is being patiently groomed for and, in time, we on Earth will practice an ongoing conversation with God, just as Those in the Upper Spiritual Levels do now.
- Love For The Planet And All Of Its Occupants – Once we have established our identity with our Creator, and firmly have our head in the clouds; it’s important to find our center of gravity and identify with our bigger, physical self … the planet we now occupy. Just as we register the ground and its characteristics upon which we walk; so must we work with life as we find it unfolding in our vicinity. We, too, are creative forces! We mustn’t waste our skill and our talents to change things for the better. Love is an active force and the planet is a tangible area which can be a channel for our familiar Upper Forces to more directly impinge upon the Earthly Plane. I make regular, slow, solo trips around the world, serving as a vehicle and vessel for the Higher Realms to directly intervene in planetary affairs. This requires no ritual involvement for me. I can entertain myself in any way that I choose. It’s like being the little tractor tethering a hot air balloon to the ground while it soars far above. I live life as fully as I can.
- Appreciating People And Earth’s Creatures – We have so much in common with each other; and a smile and an outgoing nature is a universal, winning plan. People and canines are especially receptive. So, take advantage of your own opportunities to be friendly, especially while you travel. I find myself becoming much more vivacious in the stimulating circumstances of a hostel dining area or even when making friends with locals whom I meet in town, or who staff the shops and restaurants I enjoy. People come and go, throughout a day and a lifetime. We can’t hold onto them – not even our own family members, but we can love the people we share our moments with and enlarge our own reality of family. Each of these five categories is about LOVE; but when it enters the Plane of Tangibility, it becomes a sensory, two-way, give and take, most wonderful experience. When we can create that atmosphere in a material realm, then we can surely continue that magic after death upon our arrival into the Spiritual Realm, of which Earth is but a pale reflection.