Life Brings Us All To The Right Shore, If We Will But Flow Within It!
May 24, 2014 by admin
I am in some sort of a current now; be it a rushing river or a slow, strong, ocean tidal pull. It takes me where it will. Surely, the ebb and flow has been responsible for my two complete circumnavigations of the planet. I then, rode a wave of impulse down the length of South America, for a fourth time; spending almost half a year in Uruguay before returning to the Sacred Valley, close to Machu Picchu, and Cusco, Peru. Here, I knew to stay awhile…. letting my soul catch up with my body, as the saying goes.
And, sure enough! Something important was waiting here for my discovery. Something that you and I have never heard of; and could never have known that we needed. Through a fortunate accident of timing, I came to Paz y Luz Guest, Healing and Conference Center, before its founder, Diane Dunn, left for her speaking tour of Europe.
Thus, I am able to receive from her, the nine special Initiation Rites of a type of shamanic training, known as the Munay-Ki. In the Andean Quechua language, Munay means Love. Therefore, Munay-Ki means “I love you!”
Anciently, such traditions were protected in the highest Andean mountain reaches, where Q’ero shamans fled to escape Spanish Conquistadors, and knowledge was passed down only to long-serving apprentices within their own culture. However, this millennium was seen as a turning point in human history; as it is in societies all over the globe. Suddenly, old prophecies applied!
It was time to share these sacred ceremonies with awakened others, no matter what their background. The Munay-Ki Rites are the codes for the new human, delivered in the form of energetic transmissions and they help develop a new architecture in the body’s luminous energy field. In less than a decade, through a form of “each one, teach one,” the nine steps of this Rite have been performed on more than 500,000 people, worldwide; enabling them to become co-creators of a world they are dreaming into being. A world connected by the Power of Love.
In three different, half-hour sessions, Diane is introducing my body to layers of Shamanic Rites: the Foundation; the Lineage and the Rites to Come. If I should wish to pass on this ability to others; I’ll return someday and go through another three-day training, just as simple as these introductory rites have been. Let me describe them to you.
Yesterday, at 10:00 a.m., I took a seat in Diane’s upstairs, ceremonial room; closed my eyes, while Peruvian Pipe music created goosebumps within me and she alerted my consciousness with the shaking of a special rattle. Then, she put her hands on my shoulders and moved a doughnut-shaped, Pi stone to strategic places on my body, while I breathed deeply. First in the Foundation Rites, came the Healer Rite. I will quote from Diane Dunn’s book: “Cusco, The Munay-Ki Rites; Tradition, Magic and Andean Spirituality in Peru.”
1. HEALER RITE– (seated) Connects you to a lineage of shamans from the past who come and assist in your personal healing, offering tremendous spiritual assistance. These luminous beings work during your meditation and sleep time to heal the wounds of the past and of your ancestors.
2. BANDS OF POWER RITE – (which I stood to receive) These consist of five energetic bands representing earth, water, fire, air and pure light. These bands are activated in the luminous energy field and act as filters, breaking down into one of the five elements any heavy energy that comes your way; so that this energy can feed your body instead of making you toxic or ill. Once activated, the Bands of Power are always “on.” In a world filled with fear, the bands provide essential protection.
3. HARMONY RITE – (for which I lay on my back) plants seven archetypes into your chakras:
- The first,root chakra, at the base of the spine, The Serpent.
- The second,sacral chakra, the lower abdomen, The Jaguar/Puma
- The third, solar plexus chakra, the upper abdomen, The Hummingbird
- The fourth, heart chakra, just above the heart, The Eagle/Condor
- The fifth, throat chakra, at the throat, The Keeper of the Lower World, the unconscious
- The sixth, third eye chakra, forehead, The Feathered Serpent, our waking world
- The seventh crown chakra, top of the head, The Protector of the Upper World, our super-conscious
After this simple ceremony, I walked along the river into the small, nearby town of Pisac, just ten minutes from Paz y Luz. Pondering my new helpers in life, I welcomed them all into my body. Interestingly, during two different periods of long airline flights, I had already designated myself as a hummingbird and an American Eagle. Somewhere up ahead, I’d vowed to become The Condor.
Now, they had all “come home to roost,” so to speak! That felt very natural.
My next blog post will describe the Seer Rite; The Daykeeper Rite and the Wisdomkeeper Rite, which I experienced this morning. For more information about Paz y Luz, see www.pazyluz.com